- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 stick butter (113 grams)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp lemon zest (zest of 2 lemons)
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp of your favorite jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 12 x 4 inch loaf pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Mix in poppy seeds.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar, heavy cream and lemon zest and beat until creamy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vegetable oil, vanilla extract and lemon juice. Beat to incorporate. Add the flour mixture and stir with a spatula until combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven, remove from the pan and place it on a wire rack. Brush the top of the cake with your favorite jam and let cool completely.